We welcome family reunions, weddings, retreats, and other gatherings. For groups of 40 or less, the Ranch is the perfect location for your event. With a little additional group leader coordination, we can help you accomodate up to 50.
Our wonderful Ranch House porch makes a great place for a luncheon.
When not rented as a lodging cabin, our Lodge doubles as a meeting and conference room. It has a full kitchen, cozy couches, space for additional tables and a wonderful view of the Weminuche valley.
Though we do not offer catering or group planning services, we are happy to assist with coordination. With our small staff, we want to be sure that we are able to meet and exceed your expectations to make your gathering a wonderful experience.
Please be sure to read our Group Policy. Our goal is to avoid misunderstandings and make your group's stay as memorable as possible.
V.A. Poma Ranch Group Policy
We deal with two types of groups here at V.A. Poma Ranch - Full Facility Groups and Informal Groups. As such, there are two policies.
Full Facility Groups
Full Facility Groups are groups that want to rent the entire Ranch and that have a leader that coordinates the group (including lodging arrangements by cabin) and collects all monies from the participants. All weddings automatically fall under this policy; however, additional terms may be negotiated.
This is the choice for groups that want to reserve the entire Ranch, want to make sure dates are secure, and have a leader to take care of the details.
Full Facility Groups must:
1. Have a group leader as the only contact for the Ranch.
2. Sign a contract and submit the required deposit to solidify the reservation.
3. Return the signed contract within one week of receipt.
4. Maintain a valid Group credit card on file.
5. Reserve the entire Ranch for a minimum of two nights.
6. Be limited to a maximum of 45 people in cabins, RVs, and tents. (Arrangements may be made for additional persons through the manager. Each person 9 years and older over 45 persons will pay a $35 per person per night fee over 45).
7. Full Facility nightly fee is $1509.75 $35 (including 9.8% tax) per night for a maximum of 45 persons. Additional persons (age 9 and over) pay $35 (includes tax) per person.
8. Pay a facility fee (non-taxed) of $775 in addition to the lodging rate upon arrival. (Suggestion to group leader: When final count of those participating is made each person pays his share of facility fee i.e., for 45 persons = $17.22 each, more individuals coming result in lower facility fee per person).
9. Deposit is 50% of lodging including tax: Year 2010 the deposit will be $1509.75 /2 =$754.88 per night.
10. Pay 9.8% Lodging Tax on the lodging rate only. Does not apply to the facility fee, pet or horse fees as set forth below.
11. Pay $10 per night per dog on ranch with group. Maximum $25. No cats please.
12. Pay a $10 per night corral fee for each horse brought to the Ranch.
13. When the number of persons increases for a day event to over 45 (such as when friends, other family members and guests come for that event or even special arrangement persons for numbers over 45 staying at the ranch, then group leader will make arrangements for two porta-potties each day those times.
This policy entitles Full Facility Groups to the use of the entire Ranch including use of the Lodge for meals, meetings, and functions at no additional charge.
In addition, the Group Leader will be entitled to a credit of $50 per night. That credit will be refunded to the Group Leader at completion of stay.
Ranch House with T.V. and WIFI are available for guests as well as the Porch.
Due to our location, the complete lack of walk-in business, and the difficulty of re-renting the facility on short notice, we must adhere to a fairly strict cancellation policy.
1. The Group Deposit is non-refundable. No exceptions.
2. You may cancel at any time up to three months prior to the reservation and forfeit only the deposit.
3. If you cancel within three months of the reservation but no later than one month prior to the reservation, seventy-five percent (75%) of the total contract amount will be due. The additional amount not included in the deposit will be charged to the Group credit card on file.
4. If you cancel within one month of the reservation, the full contract amount will be due. The additional amount not included in the deposit will be charged to the Group credit card on file.
Informal Groups are groups where the participants make their own lodging arrangements rather than through a group leader. The Ranch will not hold open any cabins or RV sites. All lodging options will remain first-come, first-served for the group participants and the public. We can make no guarantees that there will be no other guests at the Ranch during the Informal Group's stay.
This is the choice for smaller groups and those that want to get together, but have no solid plan, commitment, or leader to take on the overall responsibility. There is a risk of losing spots to the public on your chosen dates, and the group will be required to adhere to stricter rules regarding the use of the facilities.
Informal Group participants must:
1. Make their reservations as quickly as possible.
2. Pay a deposit of 50% of total reservation to secure their spot. Advance, individual deposits are to be made by check and secured by credit card (to be placed on file).
3. Pay the going rate for the cabin or RV Site.
4. Pay the balance due upon arrival.
Informal Groups must pay the daily rate of $135.00 to use The Lodge for meals, meetings, and functions. The Lodge must be reserved in advance to secure its use for the Group.
Informal Groups may use the porch of the Ranch Hose and bring own canopies and tents for their gathering events. Six foot tables and padded folding chairs may be rented from the Ranch.
Informal Groups must respect the enjoyment of non-group guests that may be at the Ranch during the Group's stay. All guests are entitled to common areas.
Since reservations are made individually, the standard cancellation policy applies.